Regulation of TDC for Semester System & with Choice based Credit and Grading System.
1. ATDC shall be of six semesters covering three Calendar Years. The schedule for Semester system sha be as shown below:
a) First, Third and Fifth Semester: August 1-0ec-31 (including examinations)
b) Second, Fourth and Sixth Semester: January-1-June-30 (including examinations)
c) Semester Break: July 1- July 31.
The Academic Calendar, Course Structure and Schedule for Semester System is as per GU guidelines and for details students can log on to www.gauhati.ac.in
2. Student’s performance will be monitored throughout the Semester by continuous assessment in the theory and practical courses. Evaluation of the student’s performance in each of the theory and practice paper will be based on the following:
a) Internal Evaluation: 20% Marks
b) External Evaluation: 80% Marks
3. Internal Evaluation will be based on two sessional examinations, home assignments, seminars, and library work in each semester. The schedule for internal evaluation is given in Annexure-I. The procedun for internal evaluation is given in Annexure-III.
4. External evaluation will be through a final examination at the end on the semester.
5. The pass marks in each theory paper is 30 % and that in each practical paper is 40%.
6. In each paper, students must secure pass marks in both the internal as well as the external evaluation separately.
7. A student who could not appear or failed in any Semester examination will be allowed to clear the same as follows:
a) First Semester with the regular Third Semester examination.
b) Second Semester with the regular Fourth Semester examination.
c) Third semester with regular Fifth Semester examination.
d) Fourth Semester with regular Sixth Semester examination.
8. A student may be allowed to “repeat” anyone of the theory papers in the First, Second, Third and Fourtt Semester, and may be allowed for “betterment” of marks in one paper in the Fifth Semester, provided the student secures less than 45% marks in that paper.
9. No “repeat”/”betterment” shall be allowed in the practical examinations in any Semester.
10. A student must pass all his Semester examinations, including “repeat” and ‘betterment’ chances within five years from the date of admission to the First Semester course. A student will get a maximum of three chances to clear a particular Semester.
11. In case of any dispute regarding evaluation or unforeseen events the matter maybe placed in the Cornmi tee of Courses and Studies (U.G) for amicable settlement.
12. Since the semesters involve continuous assessment there would be no scope for a student to appear as a private candidate in any subject.
13. For any matter not covered under this Regulation for Semester System, the existing University Rules ana the Gauhati University Act 1949 (as amended till datershould be applicable.
Internal Assessment & Student Feedback:
Each and every student will be required to attend Internal Test, Unit Test whenever conducted by the Departments for the purpose Internal Assessment as per G.U. regulations. All the students of 6th Semester (Arts & Commerce) are required to provide student feedback regarding overall assessment of courses, performance of faculties etc.