1. 1978 - Dispur College was established on 28th August by opening night shift in Gopal Boro Govt. HS School,
2. 1983-84 - The College Arts Stream was affiliated to Gauhati University and Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.
3. 1987-88 - The College shifted to its present location by opening day shift
4. 1988-89 - The College introduced Semi-Commerce in HS level,
5. 1991-92 - The College started full-fledged Commerce Stream at the HS level,
6. 1992-93 - The publication of the College Magazine Arun was started,
7. 1994-95 - The College started Commerce Stream at Degree level and received permanent affiliation of TDC Arts Stream from GU
8. 1995-96 - The College was recognized by the UGC U/S 2F and 12B and received regular Plan Grant froms” Plan onwards.
9. 2000-01 - The Commerce Stream obtained Govt. Concurrence for General Courses
10. 2002-03 - Computer Centre established in Dispur College
11. 2003-04 - UGC also recognized the College for Add On Courses at the Undergraduate Level and provided seed money. Accordingly, the college offered two courses viz. Diploma in Child Education and Certificate in Entrepreneurship Development which are also affiliated to the Gauhati University.
12. 2004 - National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) , Bangalore recognized the college at the National level in 2004 and was Graded “B”
13. 2006 - The Arts Stream was Provincialised by the Govt. of Assam
14. 2006-07 - Commerce Stream has been getting Financial Assistance as Non-Govt. Degree Colleges under State Priority Scheme from Govt. of Assam from the financial year
15. 2008-09 - Professional Courses like BBA/BCA affiliated and recognized by the Gauhati University
16. 2008-09 - the College started evening shift commerce stream at degree level
17. 2009 - The Commerce Stream got Permanent Affiliation from Gauhati University (EC R. No./EC-8/2009/222(ii) dated 27-11-2009)
18. 2009 - IGNOU recognized the College as a Partner Institute for Convergence Scheme and offers various courses of Masters Degree, Bachelors Degree, PG Diploma, Diploma and Certificate.
19. 2009 - KKHSOU recognized the College as a Study Centre/Examination Centre for various courses of Bachelors Degree, Diploma and Certificate.
20. 2009 - ICWAI Eastern Regional Centre recognized the college as an Oral Coaching Centre for ICWAI.
21. 2009 - Institute of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL) of Gauhati University recognize the college as its Study Centre for IT Courses.
22. 2010 - The AHSEC (Assam Higher Secondary Education Council) recognize the college as ASOS Centre.
23. 2011 - Introduction of Wi-Fi system in the College Campus
24. 2011 - Introduction of NLIST - INFLIBNET Centre at College Library
25. 2012 - Construction of Women’s Hostel (work in progress)
26. 2013 - Commerce Stream of the College is being covered under the Provincialization Scheme w.e.f. 01-01-2013.
27. 2014 - Commerce Block opened in the College Campus
28. 2015 - GU Recognized the College as Examination Zone for TDC
29. 2016 - Introduction of Wall Magazine in each and every department (Arts/Commerce/BBA/BCA)
NAAC Peer Team visit to Dispur College, Ganeshguri, Dispur, Guwahati-6, Assam during 31st August 2015 to 2nd September 2015 for accreditation (Cycle-II).
VERIFICATION OF STUDENTS RECORDS
The College Authority will verify only the certificate issued by the College Authority on submission of hard copy of the document together with bank draft of Rs 100/- in favour of "Principal, Dispur College" payable at BOB, Dispur Branch, Guwahati and send to the college postal address. There should not be any communication through email or telephone.
Office of the Principal
Kamrip (M), Assam
All Guwahati Ridip Dutta Memorial Chords
Students from the College participated in All Guwahati Ridip Dutta Memorial Chords competition and won the 2nd prize on 26.10.2014.