1. Missionof the Department of BBA:
Ø To provide highly motivated and successful Management graduates to meet the current and projected needs of the Indian and the global economy
Ø To imbibe entrepreneurial culture through curriculum, pedagogy, research and mentoring
Ø To ingrain ethics, sustainability and inclusive growth in all its activities.
Ø To Support the teaching, research, and public service mission of the College.
2. Value Statements: Ethics and intergrity among the students to inculcate innovativeness and entrepreneurship to make our students the most valuable resource
3. Objectives of the Department:
a) To equip the students with knowledge and skills required for successful career in Management.
b) To impart emphasis on learning by doing method through seminar, discussion etc.
c) To provide moral, civic and valve-based teachings.
d) To upgrade the departmental library to E-resource centre.
e) To conduct awareness programme on Management studies.
f) To instill e-commerce in the college.
4. Achievements So Far:
a) Results of students have been improving year by year.
b) In the year 2013-14, Ten (10) Students of BBA 6th Semester got 1st class .
c) 23 students enrolled for BBA 1stSemester in 2014-15.
d) Contributed actively in Common Departmental Journal ‘Dakshata’ published in the session 2013-14.
e) On Completion of the courses, so for about forty percent students’ have got jobs in MNCs like Cognizant, Wipro through campus interview and in other reputed organizations directly. On completion of the courses, students with good marks have got chance for higher education in reputed educational institutions also.
5. History of the Department of B.B.A:
Ø DispurCollege, a premier institute of higher education in Assam, was established in 1978. The College came into existence to meet the growing demand for higher education due to the shifting of the capital of Assam from Shillong to Dispur. During the tenure of Principal, Shri Reba Kanta Hazarika the college shifted to its present premises in 1987, at the foothill of Narakasur Hill near Ganeshguri Chariali, Dispur, in the heart of Guwahati City.
Ø From the academic session 2007-08, in order to meet the rapidly growing demand of management studies, Dispur College introduced the department of BBA ( Bachelor of Business Administration) to impart quality education to the socio-economically disadvantaged students of sub-urban and rural areas of Assam as well as North East India.
6. Present Faculty Members:
i) Mr. Hirendra Nath sarkar (HOD), Assistant Professor
Awarded the degree of Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) in 2008 by Vinayaka Mission University under the Supervision of Dr. Jyotish Goswami, HOD, Dept. of Commerce, Dispur College. The Topic – “Management Criteria of Loan Disbursement & Recovery ( under H.P. system ) of NBFCS and Partnership
Firms- A Comparative study of some leading organizations of kamrup District, Assam.
ii) Mr.Nripen Medhi, Assistant Professor
Provisional registration for Ph.D under Gauhati University on the topic “some
problems of heat and mass Transfer of MHD. under variable viscosity and thermal conductidity”
Awarded the degree of Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) from Madurai Kamaraj University in 2007,
iii) Mrs. Ritu Choudhury, Assistant Professor
Awarded the degree of Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) in 2009 by Vinayaka
Mission University under the supervision of Mr.H.N. Sarkar, HOD, Dept. of BBA, Dispur College .The Topic- “Macro Study on Managing Service Businesses and Product Support Services of few leading companies of India”.
iv) Miss Banashree Kalita, Assistant Professor (Contractual)
7. Admission Process:
Students are admitted on overall merit basis with the cut off marks at 45% generally.
8. Internal Assessment System: –
Internal Assessment System is conducted through Unit Test as well as on the basis of other criteria such as regularity, punctuality, attendance etc. The method of assessing the students’ academic standing in order to provide enrichment are – by holding class tests, tutorial classes and question-answer session in general classes after every topic has been completed. Home assignments are given and group discussions are also conducted for self evaluations which are closely monitored by the Department.
9. Future Strategies:
a) To collaborate with local management educational institutions for implementation of various management studies literacy programme
b) To undertake research publication and project,
c) To implement innovative methods of teaching,
d) To organize lectures by prominent personalities for the benefit of the students,
e) To conduct seminers on modern management in collaboration with leading industries and commercial organizations.
f) In the long run, the Department has future plan for opening up P.G. Courses.
10. Academic Counseling:
Students are always given internal academic counseling both inside and outside the classroom.
11. Facilities and Assets:
The department has its own library with around 200 numbers of test and reference books. These books are used by the students as text on rotation basis.
12. Extension Services:
a) The department conducts carrier guidance programmes and carrier counseling regularly for guiding and assisting the students individually or collectively for academic career and socio- economic guidance. Various Career Launcher organizations are also involved in guiding the students.
b) The Department has organized Workshop on “Ethical Hacking” at Dispur College in association with NIIT in the month of October,2012. Total 60 students of BCA, BBA and PGDCA attended the Workshop and got Certificate of Participation which was provided by NIIT after successfully completion of the Workshop delivered by Ankit Fadia.
c) A seminar on “IT – enable Management services can make our Assam a State of Golden Assam” was organized by the Department of BBA and BCA of Dispur College on 28th April, 2012,The topic was delivered by Dr. G.K. Sharma, Assam Institute of Management, Guwahati.
d) A seminarwas organized by the Department of BBA and BCA of Dispur College on 13th October 2012 on carrier oriented courses delivered by Mr. Pranjal Barua , Director , IIHT Ganeshguri Centre , Guwahati
e) A seminaron “Effective online marketing using Google Technologie”s was organized by the Department of BBA and BCA of Dispur College in association with NIIT , Ganeshguri Branch, Guwahati on 20th November 2012 and lecture was delivered by Mr. Pranjal Barua , Director , IIHT Ganeshguri Centre , Guwahati.
g) A seminarattended by the students of BBA and BCAon “Carrier Development – The Road Ahead…….” At District Library organized by IBS Business school on 21st Feb 3013.
g) A seminar was organized on “Carrier prospect” at Dispur College by the Alumnus of BBA & BCA Department on 20th August 2013.
13. Departmental and Individual Membership of Local, National and
International Bodies / Associations:
A. Mr. HIRENDRA NATH SARKAR, HOD, Dept. of BBA –
· Working as Paper Setter, Examiner and Scrutinizer for G.U. for BBA courses from 2007-08 to till date.
· Co-ordinator of Professional Courses Management Committee of Dispur College.
B. MR. NRIPEN MEDHI,Assistant Professor, Dept. of BBA
· Working as an Examiner and Paper Setter for GU.
· Member of Examination Committee of Dispur College.
C.MRS. RITU CHOUDHURY, Assistant Professor, Dept. of BBA
· Working as an Examiner and Paper Setter for G U.
14. Class Distribution of the Department:
Class Distribution of the Department is done on the basis of the Master Routine of the College. The copies of class routine of the faculties are enclosed herewith in Annexure.
15. Enrollment and Results of the Department:
Enrollment and Results of the Department of BBA since starting of the course are as follows:
A) BBA Result – (Overall):
No. of Students Enrolled
No. of Students Passed
Note: Position in G.U. Final Examination:
2010 – 2nd
2011 – 2nd
2012 – 3rd
16. PROFILE OF FACULTIES:
A. MR. HIRENDRA NATH SARKAR
Personal Profile :
Name : HIRENDRA NATH SARKAR
Father’s Name : Late Jitendra Nath Sarkar
Address : C/o Dr. Biamn Kar
P.O. Pandu, Guwahati – 781012
Date of Birth : 16/08/1954
Gender : Male
Caste : General
Religion : Hinduism
Languages known : English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
A .Academic :
Eng., Beng., Accountancy, B.Org., Economics
West BengalBoard of Secondary Education
International Business Op. Accountancy
Taxation & Labour Laws
Finance & Marketing
ICWA :(i) Passed ICWA (Inter) from The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (Formally ICWAI) with 55% marks.
(ii) Passed ICWA (Final) Group II and appearing Group IV (Last Group)
Dissertation for M.Phil :
Topic : “ Management Criteria of Loan Disbursement and Recovery (under H.P. System) of NBFCs and Partnership Firms – A Comparative Study Of Some Leading Organizations of Kamrup District, Assam.”
Project for MBA :
Topic : “NPA – Its Impact on NBFC : A Case Study Of Jai Savings & Hire Purchase Co. (I) Ltd., Assam.”
· Proficiency certificate in Tax Laws (S.Tax) from Taxation Laws Training Centre, Kolkata.
· Proficiency certificate in Accountancy, Cosmopolitan Institute, recognized by Indian Merchant Chamber of Commerce.
· Accounting with Tally.
· Academic : (a) Principal I/C and Lecturer (Accountancy & Management) in St. Xavier’s Commerce College from 02/04/2004 to 30/11/2006
(b) Lecturer (Management) in Central IT College, Guwahati from 01/02/2007 to 30/06/2007
(c) HOD and Assistant Professor (Dept. of BBA), Dispur College from 01/07/2007 to till the date.
(d) Guest Lecturers – (i) Handique Girls’ College, Ghy.
(ii) West Guwahati Commerce College, Ghy.
(iii) Expert Academy, Guwahati
(ii) Industrial : 25 years experience in Accounts and Administration in
· M/s Eastern India Motion Picture Association, Kolkata.
· M/s Sadana Motels Pvt. Ltd., Guwahati
· M/s Raj Kumar Jain & Co., Chartered Accountants, Guwahati
· M/s Vitavage Agro Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., Guwahati
· Taxatation and Accounts Advisor – M/s Luit Valley Agencies, Guwahati, M/s North East Agro Centre, Ghy and some other organizations.
Extra Curricular Activities :
· Participation in national level UGC Seminar on “Development of youth and Role of Higher Education with special reference to Assam” organized by Dispur College, Guwahati.
· Participation in National Level UGC Seminar on “Migration and Assam from Pre Historic period to present day” held at Dispur College, Guwahati.
· Journal ‘Dakshata’ of Dispur College, BBA Dept.
· Jsournal ‘NewsLetter’ of Xavier’s Group of Colleges, Guwahati.
B. MR. NRIPEN MEDHI
Personal Profile :
Name:- MR.NRIPEN MEDHI
Address:- Permanent Address:-S/O Mr. Benuram Medhi
Vill+P.O- Bagari Guri, Dist- Nagaon (Assam)
P.O- Raha, Pin Code- 782103
Committed to be a part of an organization that provides opportunities to explore, enhance my skills and to achieve success in Commerce field through dedication, determination and hard work
Age : – 38 YEARS
Date of Birth : – 26-02-1976
Sex : – Male
Nationality : – Indian
Fathers name :-Mr. Benuram Medhi
Mothers Name :-Mrs. Pramila Medhi
Marital Status : – Married
Language Known : – English, Hindi, Assamese
DETIALS OF QUALIFICATION
Phy, Chem, Maths ,Bio
Maths(Major) Gel, Phy, Maths
· Pursuing Ph.D from Gauhati University on the topic “Some problems of Heat and Mass Transfer of MHD flow under variable Viscosity and Thermal conductivity.” under the Supervision of Dr. Shyamanta Chakraborty, Assistant Professor of Guwahati University,
worked as guest lecturer in NERIM.
Worked as Contractual teacher in kandriya Vidyalaya, khanapara.Ghy
Worked as city Montessori high school , Birubari. Ghy
Working in Dispur College, Dept of BBA, since 2007
Guest Lecturer – Karmashree Hiteswar Saikia College,Ghy
· Journal ‘Dakhsyata’Dispur College, BBA department,
EXTRA CURRICULLAR ACTIVITIES:
· Certificate of participation —–The workshop on “Counseling the counselees of BBA programme organished by Krishna Kanta Handiqui State open University in Collabaration with Distance Education council New Delhi.
· Participated in UGC sponsored Nation seminar on “Migration and Assam From Pre historic period to Present day”.
C. MRS.RITU CHOUDHURY:
Name: RITU CHOUDHURY
Date of Birth: 19/08/1980
Father’s Name: V.K.KHANDELWA
Gender : Female
Languages known: English, Hindi & Assamese.
Permanent address: House No. 19, Backside pragjyotish College, Santipur,
BundelkhandUniversity Jhansi U.P.
Specialization in HRM
U.P. Technical university LUCKNOW
EXTRA CURICULLAR ACTIVITES:
UGC sponsored National Seminar “Migration and Assam from pre historic period to present day” on 23rd and 24th September,2013 Organised by Dispur College”.
D. MISS BANASHREE KALITA
Name:- Miss Banashree Kalita
Address:- Kalyanpur,Bye Lane-3,H/N-52,Ganeshguri,District-Kamrup Metro ,Police Station- Dispur, Post Office-Assam Sachivalaya,Pin Code-781006
Committed to be a part of an organization that provides opportunities to explore, enhance my skills and to achieve success in field of English language through dedication, determination and hard work
Age : – 25 YEARS
Date of Birth : – 11-10-1989
Sex : – Female
Nationality : – Indian
Fathers name : Hara Kanta Kalita
Mothers Name :-Deepa Kalita
Marital Status : – Unmarried
Language Known : – English, Hindi, Assamese
DETIALS OF QUALIFICATION
English & English Language Teaching
*C.G.P.A-9.02 is considered as 66% in Gauhati University
· Diploma in Mass Communication from Morph Professional Coaching Institute & BFA(Bachelor of Fine Arts) from Chandigarh University
· Post held- Assistant professor(English), Dept. of BBA
· Institution-Dispur CollegeGuwahati
· Duration- From March 2014 to till date.
· Worked as an Assistant Lecturer at St.Xaviers’ College,Rajgarh,Ghy(July 2013- August 2013)
· Worked as a Guest Faculty at GIMT(Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management & Technology),Hatkhowapara,Azara.(September 2013- December 2013)
Basics in Computer Application &DTP
DETAILS OF ACHIEVEMENT-
· Achieved first class fourth position at M,A from Gauhati University
EXTRA CURRICULLAR ACTIVITIES:
· Paper accepted to be presented on the topic “Accountability of College Teachers-Their Role,Responsibilities and Professional Ethics towards the Society”
· Attended a seminar on “Financial literacy and Women Empowerment”in the IQAC meeting of Dispur College.
· Organised a summer-workshop(Mix-Media)related to fine arts .acting,developing communication skills etc)at Mangaldoi & Guwahati (2013-2014).
NAAC Peer Team visit to Dispur College, Ganeshguri, Dispur, Guwahati-6, Assam during 31st August 2015 to 2nd September 2015 for accreditation (Cycle-II).
VERIFICATION OF STUDENTS RECORDS
The College Authority will verify only the certificate issued by the College Authority on submission of hard copy of the document together with bank draft of Rs 100/- in favour of “Principal, Dispur College” payable at BOB, Dispur Branch, Guwahati and send to the college postal address. There should not be any communication through email or telephone.
Office of the Principal
Kamrip (M), Assam
All Guwahati Ridip Dutta Memorial Chords
Students from the College participated in All Guwahati Ridip Dutta Memorial Chords competition and won the 2nd prize on 26.