The department of Economics came into existence along with the inception of Dispur College in 1978. At the beginning, the department had the provision of teaching two courses- (i) General course in Economics at undergraduate level, and (ii) Higher Secondary at +2 level. The Major Course in Economics was introduced in 1992.
The department’s mission is to impart higher education in the field of Economics. The department also strives for personality development and academic fitness of the students and equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills to face the challenges of the future.
(I) To make the students aware of the present global economic trends.
(II) To acquaint them with various economic theories propounded by various economists.
(III) To acquaint them with the different school of economic thought.
(IV) To give them a thorough knowledge of the present Indian economic problems.
(V) To help them to identify the problems and prospects facing the Assam economy through spot visits, project works and social services.
The present status of the teachers in the department are as follows:
Date of joining
Mrs. Anuradha Boruah Saikia
Associate Professor, HOD
Dr. Rani Mudiar Deka
Dr Parag Dutta
Mr. Himanshu Kalita
Mrs. Tulika Choudhury
The individual profiles of the faculty members are attached in Annexure: II(a), (b), (c), (d),(e),(f)
Dr. Reeta Sharma who had been working in the department since 1979, retired in November, 2008. Some of the other teachers who had worked earlier in the department were Mr. R. Rajbongshi, Mrs. Dipti Khound, Dr. Anjali Bhuyan, Mr. Debashish Chakraborty , Mr Bhupen Sarma, Barnali Devi and Ms. Jipi Sarma, Mr. Prasenjit Bujarbaruah and Mrs. Dipti Baishya. Ms. Monalisa bhattacharryya, Mr. Himanshu Kallita who rendered their services as part-time and guest lecturers are now working in the provincialised commerce stream while Mrs. Tulika Choudhury who was working in the morning shift, has been appointed as guest faculty in the department.
ADMISSION PROCESS & ATTENDANCE:
Students are admitted to the general course on overall merit basis up to seat capacity. For major course, applications are invited from the willing students.
Students’ attendances are monitored very strictly. Though the G.U. has not specified minimum attendance requirements, the department still follows the system of 75% minimum attendance as a requirement for taking the sessional examinations.
STUDENT-STRENGTH & TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO:
In the undergraduate level, the present (i.e. in the session 2014-15) student strength of the department is 181 (i.e. major=48, general=133) in Arts stream and is 395( 3rd yr=209, 4th sem=186)in the commerce stream. In the H.S. level, the total number is 190 (1st year=81 , 2nd year=109) in the arts stream and is 281( 1st yr= 146, 2nd yr= 135) in the commerce stream. It accounts for a teacher-students ratio of 1:12.22 as a whole. If only undergraduate (arts) classes are taken into account the ratio becomes 1:30.5.
The number of students in undergraduate level during the last 5 years was as follows:
TDC , 1st yr
TDC, 2nd yr
TDC, 3RD yr
HS 2nd Year 109 for the current season
HS 1st Year 81
Teaching techniques adopted include lecture method, use of blackboard, giving notes and reading materials, use of charts and maps, display of slides by using of learning by doing methods which include seminars, group discussions, spot surveys, study tours, etc.
EVALUATION & INTERNAL ASSESSMENT:
Students were evaluated through the 1+1+1 annual final examination process as the rule set by the Gauhati University up to 2010-11. However, from the session 2011-12, the college has started following the semester system both in major and general courses at undergraduate level as directed by the Gauhati University.
There is a system of internal assessment on the basis of two sessional examinations every semester, the average marks of which are added to the final examination score. From the year 2014-15, the internal assessment is based on only one sessional examination instead of two sessional examinations as was applicable in the previous years.
The department has a library accommodated in the common room. It has around 400 books. Students can borrow books from the library.
The number of text books in the Central library is 614. Besides, it has 850 reference books. Thus, it counts a total of 1464 books. Journals subscribed in the central library are: Yojna, Payobhara, Economic & Political Weekly, Kurukshetra, and Bank Quest. There are a number of govt. and other Reports which are very useful for the teachers and students.
DISCIPLINE & COUNCELLING:
Discipline is strictly maintained. Students are prohibited from taking Gutka/Panmasala, etc. within the campus. During college hours, students cannot use mobile-phones.
Counselling both for academic and personality development is carried on by the teachers from time to time. Above all, a friendly environment is maintained both in the class room and outside to make the process of teaching- learning more fruitful.
So far as the academic achievement of the department is concerned, the results are quite encouraging. The final year results( Regular) for the last 3 years( degree level) are as follows:
The end-semester results for the year 2011 and 2012 are as follows:
1st sem, 2011(Dec)
1st sem, 2012(Dec)
3rd sem, 2012(Dec)
Dipankar Barman secured first class( 66.5%) with Distinction in B.A. final exam from the Gauhati University in 2012. Jyotismita Sarkar secured first class with distinction (67%) in BA final exam from the Gauhati university in 2014.
In H.S. level, the pass percentage is satisfactory. Almost every year, students attain Letter Marks in the subject.
STUDENTS’ACHIEVEMENT IN OTHER FIELDS THAN ACADEMICS:
Bidyut jyoti Hazarika, a TDC 2nd year student (major) participated with other NSS Members of the college in the pre-Republic Day Camp organised by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and won the award of Best Cultural Team.
Nayanjyoti Talukdar, a 3rd year (general)student won 2nd prize in All Assam Art Exhibition & Competition .
Dipankar Barman, a TDC 2nd year (major) student won the following :
· 1st prize in the Inter College annual paper presentation competition held at Gauhati Commerce College .
· 3rd prize in the Inter College Essay Competition organised by and held at HUDCO Regional Office, Guwahati.
· Consolation prize in Inter College Speech Competition organised by and held at HUDCO Regional Office Guwahati.
2nd semester Major students ( session 2012-13) are being involved in a Quiz Programme where questions and answers are put up in several notice-boards within the college campus everyday and a quiz on these questions will be held towards the end of the session to be conducted by the students . The other departments have been informed to ensure students participation.
ALUMNI OF THE DEPARTMENT:
Past students of the department have engaged in different fields. Some of them :
Dipankar Barman, Executive, Customer Relation, Protech Realtors
· Kausik Sarma , Manager at Shalimar Paint posted at Guwahati.
· Dipti Baishya, Asstt. Professor, Pub-Banshor College, Guwahati.( 9435605207).
· Babul Neog is working at BSF regt. No. 11390030, Tripura, 139 battalion.
· Prem Pun, FNB, Supervisor, Doncaster, UK(E-mail: email@example.com)
· Mousumi Bhuyan, Subject teacher, Maharshi Bidyamandir, Guwahati ( 9435234864)
· Bandana Nath, Lecturer, Sri Ram Academy, Guwahati.
· Aparna Baruah works at IBM, Delhi.
· Papori Borah works at Vodafone, Guwahati.
· Nayan Sarma, Self employed Business
· Jayanta Baruah, Self employed Business
· Herojit Sinha, self employed Business.
· Latika Das works with Reliance Telecom at Guwahati. (8876072928)
· Manima Das works in a local School as a teacher.
· Meghali Rabha works in the State Bank of India, Goalpara Branch( 9864718719)
· Uttam Pegu works in Guwahati based Call Centre (8822209183)
· Ramananda Deka works as LDA at ASEB, Kahilipara, Guwahati.
Class seminars are organised for the undergraduate students every year. Feedback seminars are organised by the teachers for faculty-development. Besides, the department organises one-day seminars on contemporary issues by inviting renowned resource persons. Some such seminars are:
Financial crisis & economic Development of Assam
1. Prof. Dilip Baruah
2. Dr. Gopal Bordaloi
Population Growth & Migration in Assam
Dr. Anil kr. saikia
Entrepreneurship Development in Assam
Dr. Sunil Kr. Saikia
Financial Inclusion and its role in Rural Economy
Mr. Abhijit Sarma
Distinguish guests are also invited to deliver lectures for the benefit of the students. Dr. D.D. Mali, former director, NISIET (now IIE), Dr. Gautam Mazumdar, HOD, Economics, Cotton College, Guwahati, Dr. Swabera Islam, HOD, Economics, K.C. Das Commerce College are some of such invitees who visited and delivered their lectures in the recent past. During the last two sessions the department has organised guests’ lecture as furnished below’:
Professor, Dibrugarh University
Macro Economic Policy: Making Sense of the Various Schools of Thought in the Indian Context
R.K.Das, IAS, Director, Census, Assam Chapter
SURVEY, STUDY TOUR, Etc.:
The department organises minor survey-work, study tours, spot visits, etc. for the students under the supervision of the teachers. Under their guidance the students prepare questionnaires, projects-reports, etc. some such survey, tours conducted by the department are:
· Survey conducted at Assam Agro- Processing & Tea- warehousing Cooperative Ltd., Guwahati in May, 2002.
· Spot-survey done at Ärungiri , a village near Basistha, Guwahati to learn about the socio-economic condition of the villagers in 2002.
· Study-tour at Majuli to learn about the cottage crafts and tourism potentiality of Majuli in January, 2003.
· Library visit tour to IIBM, Guwahati on 25.06.2004.
· Study-tour to Toklai Tea Research Centre.
· Study tour to Jagiroad Paper Mill.
· A visit to International Trade Fair, Guwahati.
· A visit to Library of OKD Institute of Social Change & Development and there by attending a lecture at the institute by the students (major) of TDC 2nd year during 2009-10 session.
The department publishes an annual journal, named SPECTRUM. Each issue comes out with a specific theme. The past issues are as follows:
· Dec., 2005: Tea: problem & prospects
· Dec., 2006: Tourism: problem & prospects
· Dec., 2007: Entrepreneurship Development
· Dec., 2008: Small-scale industrial units
· Dec.,2011, Vol:v
· 2012-13, vol:vi
Extension services such as cleanliness drive, awareness programme, plantation, etc. are carried out by the students of the department under the supervision of the teachers. Such activities which help the students to work in the society with a feeling of belongingness, done so far are Kasturba Trust L.P. school ( South Sarania, Guwahati), Jatia Bidyalaya, (Kahilipara), Ashadeep( Institute of mentally retarded children), prasantilaya ( Home for elderly people),etc.
* Dr. Rani Mudiar Deka has recently completed a Minor Research Project with the UGC fund on the topic: A socio-economic Study of Mobile Theatre of Assam. She guided the following research scholars for their M. Phil thesis:
Research Scholar’s Name
Role of NEDFI in the Economic Development of Assam
Madurai Kamraj University
M. Phil Degree Awarded,2007
Problem & Prospects of Small Tea-Growers of Assam
Floriculture in Assam
SHG’s: A study of Kamrup District
A socio-economic Study of the Fishing Community of Hajo
A study of SHGs in Gobarbandha Block in Barpeta, Assam
Global Open University, Nagaland
Mrs. Anuradha Boruah Saikia participated and presented a paper on “ Some aspects of Entrepreneurship scenario in Commonwealth Countries” in an international conference held by ICSS ( International Conference on Social sciences) at Izmir, Turkey.
Other faculty members are also involved in presenting research papers, contributing research articles in journals, books, magazines & news papers regularly( attached with their respective self profiles).
We at the department of Economics strive to bring about an all round development of the students, so that they become equipped to face all the challenges in the future. In the present age, it is not only knowledge of the chosen subject, but also proficiency in extracurricular skills which is required for the all round development of an individual and is what we keep in mind to bring out the best from our students.
The department seeks to put more and more emphasis on research work in near future.
1. Name: MRS. ANURADHA BORUAH SAIKIA
2. Date of Birth: 16. 08.1961
3. Department: Economics
4. Designation: Associate Professor, w.e.f 08.12.2008
5. Nature of Job: Permanent(from 1st April 1992)
6. Date of Joining: 02.08.1991
7. Date of Superannuation: 16.08.2021
8. Address for Communication: H. No. 198/2, G.S. Road,
Ganeshguri Chariali, Guwahati-6
9. Educational Qualification:
% OF MARKS SCORED
BA (ECO HONS)
1982 (held in 1984)
10. ORIENTATION PROGRAMME/REFRESHER COURSE ATTENDED: 1+3=4
UNIVERSITY & PLACE
YEAR & DATE
a) Gauhati University, Academic Staff College
1998, from 3rd August to 30th August
b) Dibrugarh University, Dept. of Economics
1999, from18th January to 7th February
c) Dibrugarh University, Dept of Economics
2002, from 16th October to 5th November
d) Gauhati University, Dept of Mass Communication
2008, from 17th November to 7th December
A) International: 2
a) Paper presented in the conference held by ICSS (International Conference on Social Sciences) held in Izmir, Turkey (jointly with Dr. Aparajeeta Borkakoty, Associate Professor, Dept. of Commerce, G.U).Topic: SOME ASPECTS OF ENTREPRENUERSHIP SCENARIO IN COMMONWEALTH COUNTRIES
b) Paper presented (jointly with Dr. Aparajeeta Borkakoty, Associate Professor, Dept. of Commerce, G.U., and Sumadhur Roy, Assistant Professor, Gauhati Commerce College) at the XVIII ISA (INTERNATIONAL SOCIOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION) WORLD CONGRESS OF SOCIOLOGY at Yokohama, Japan (July 18th, 2014) Topic: CAN CULTURAL FESTIVALS CREATE SUSTAINABLE TOURISM? A STUDY BASED ON FESTIVALS IN NORTH EAST INDIA
B) National: 6
a) State Level Lecture on Library An Information Science- Organized by Dispur College Library on 03.05.2003
b) Conference cum Workshop of the Career Oriented Programme –organized by UGC, New Delhi in association with Dispur College on 28th January, 2004, held at Dispur College
c) Sixth Annual Conference of the North East Economic Association-held at Dibrugarh University on 10th & 11th February,2004
d) National Level UGC Seminar on Development of Youth and Role of Higher Education with Special Reference to Assam ,on 30th and 31st January, 2008, held at Dispur College. Presented a paper on Professional Educational in Assam: Case for introducing Tea Related Courses, in the above mentioned seminar
e) National Level Seminar on Curricular Reforms in Higher Education with Special Reference to Assam, on 9th and 10th February, 2008, held at B.P. Chaliha College, Nagerbera, Assam
f) National Level Seminar on Migration, Sustainable Development And Climate Change, held on 23rd and 24th September, 2013, at Dispur College, organised by Dispur College in collaboration with ACTA, Kamrup Metro Zone, Guwahati
A) Article published in SPECTRUM ( Volume 2)2006- the Journal of the Dept of Economics. Topic: Jadu.Nath. Boruah, Pioneering Assamese Entrepreneur —-A Profile.
B) Article published in SPECTRUM (VOLUME 3) 2007. Topic: Nameri National Park and Ecocamp-A Must-Do For Nature Lovers
C) Article on Travel, published in THE ASSAM TRIBUNE, dated November 28,2009
D) Article on Professional Education published in ‘GLOBALISATION, HIGHER EDUCATION AND YOUTH’ EBH Publishers (India),2010.ISBN 978-93-80261-04-1.
E) Article published in SPECTRUM (VOLUME 5) 2011 Topic: Sustainable Tourism.
F) Article on Travel, published in the April 2012 issue of ECLECTIC, a monthly lifestyle magazine.
G) Article on Travel, published in the September 2012 issue of ECLECTIC.
H) Article on Travel, published in the March 2013 issue of GOOD TIMES, a monthly lifestyle magazine.
I) Article on Travel, published in the April 2013 issue of GOOD TIMES.
J) Article on Travel, published in the June 2013 issue of GOOD TIMES.
K) Article published in SPECTRUM ( Volume 6) 2013-14- the Journal of the Dept of Economics. Topic: GREEN ECONOMY–THE CONTEMPORARY MANTRA
a) UGC sponsored National workshop on JUVENILE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN ASSAM, held at D.H.S.K. College, Dibrugarh, on 22-23 March 2012 , organized by the Cell for Women’s Studies and Development, D.H.S.K. College, in collaboration with Bal Sakha, Assam.
b) Regional Workshop – 29.01.2014. “NEW PROCEDURES OF NAAC ASSESSMENT”, organised by Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya, Dharapur, in collaboration with College Development Council, Gauhati University.
c) National Workshop – 14th and 15th February 2014, organised by Dispur College and Rangia College in association with College Development Council, Gauhati University.
A) Life member, North East Economic Association
B) Life member, International Sociological Organisation
C) Member UNDERGRADUATE COURSE AND SYLLABUS COMMITTEE, Dept of Economics, G.U.(w.e.f. January 2013)
D) Member, ACTA
15. ACTIVITIES IN SOCIETY
A) Founder member of SAFE (Social Awareness for Friendly Environment)
B) Participation in several meetings organized by various social and
educational organizations in and outside Guwahati
16. PARTICIPATION IN COLLEGE CORPORATE LIFE
A) Teacher member, College Governing Body
B) Member IQAC, QAC
C) Member, Budget Committee
D) Treasurer, ACTA Dispur College Unit (1 academic session)
E) Secretary, ACTA Dispur College Unit (1 academic session)
F) Convenor, College Prospectus Committee since 2009
G) Member, College Academic Committee (w.e.f. 01.01.2013)
17. PARTICIPATION IN EXAMINATION WORKS
A. Asstt. Officer-in-charge, College Examination Branch
B. Invigilator in Final Examinations
C. Examiner, GU & AHSEC
D. Paper setter, 6th semester, Elective, 2014.
E. Chairperson, Viva voce for Accountancy Major students of B.Com 6th Semester (Final Exams)
18. PARTICIPATION IN EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
a) In-charge, Girls’ Common Room, DCSU
b) In-charge, Fine Arts, DCSU
c) Involved in beautification and cleanliness of college campus
19. OTHER EXPERIENCES
a) Worked as Lecturer, D.H.S.K. Commerce College, Dibrugarh,1985-1989
Dr. Rani Mudiar Deka
Department of Economics
a)Research done on the topic: INSTITUTIONAL FINANCE TO SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIES IN ASSAM, under GAUHATI UNIVERSITY and obtained
thePH.D degree in 1994.Guide: Dr.Devdas Bhorali, Former Dean & head, Deptt. of Commerce, GU.
b) Minor Research Project done with UGC grant on the topic: A SOCIO-ECONOMIC STUDY OF THE MOBILE THEATRE OF ASSAM and submitted in Feb., 2009.
c)Guided M.Phill students:
Role of Nedfi in the Economic Development of Assam
Problem & Prospects of Small Tea-Growers of Assam
Floriculture in Assam
SHGs: A study of kamrup District
A socio-economic study of the fishing community of Hajo
A Study of SHGs in Gobarbandha Block, Barpeta,Assam
Global Open Univ., Nagaland
Refresher Course Attended:4
University & Place
Year & Date
a)Gauhati University, Academic Staff College
1997, from 22nd March to 26th April
b)Dibrugarh Univ., Deptt. Of Commerce
1998, from19th January to 8th Feb.
C)Rajasthan Univ., Academic Staff College
2000, from29th Oct. to 17th Nov.
d) Assam univ., Silchar, Deptt. Of Economics
2003, from 20th Jan. to 9th February.
1)Authored Beginners’ Course in Economics, a text book for H.S.1st year, both in English and Assamese, published by BOOKLAND, Guwahati, 2006.
2)Authored Beginners’ Course in Economics, a text book for H.S 2nd year, both in English and Assamese, published by BOOKLAND, Guwahati,2007.
3)Co-author of 8 sub-units of a text book on Environmental Studies as per UGC syllabus for undergraduate level (in Assamese), called ‘PARIBESH BITHIKA’, edited by Kshirdhar Baruah and published by Dibya Prakashan, Guwahati,2005.
4)Translation of 1 Chapter of NCERT text book ‘Economic Development’ meant for class-XI done as assigned by AHSEC , 2009.
5) Translation of a text book of ECONOMICS of NIOS meant for class xi of SIOS done as assigned by AHSEC, 2009.
6)Authored ‘ARTHANAITIK DIARY’,a collection of essays on current problems related to Assam Economy written in assamese published by SUMAN PRAKASHAN, Guwahati, 2001.
7)Authored ‘Aamar Arthaniti: Samasya Aaru Sambhawana’, a collection of essays on current economic issues in assamese, published by SUMAN PRAKASHAN, Guwahati,2003.
8)’SAMPADAKIYA STAMBHAR ANUBHAV’, collection ofeditorial articles based on socio-economic issues written for the assamese daily ‘AAMAR ASOM’ published by SUMAN PRAKASHAN, Guwahati, 2005.
9)’BARE RAHANIA’, collection of articles based on various issues, published by the BELSOR regional branch of ASOM SAHITYA SABHA on the occasion of its Annual Conference, 2006.
10) Edited (jointly) and (contributed an article on Professional Education) “GLOBALISATION, HIGHER EDUCATION AND Youth”, published by EBH Publishers(India), 2010, ISBN: 978-93-80261-04-1.
B) ARTICLE PUBLISHED IN BOOKS:
1)Article “REOPNING OF STILWELL ROAD: PROBLEM & PROSPECTS OF TOURISM DEVELOPMENT” published in a book on REPENING OF STILWELL ROAD: published for Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies by ANAMIKA PUBLISHERS (Pvt.)Ltd. New Delhi,2004,ISBN:81-7975-061-2.
2)Article “ROLE OF SPIRITUAL ORGANISATION IN SPREADING VALUE EDUCATON: A CASE STUDY OF BRAHMAKUMARIS ISWARIYA VISWAVIDYALAYA” published in a book EDUCATION FOR THE SURVIVAL OF HUMAN RACE, Vol;2: published by AUTHORS PRESS, New Delhi 2004 ISBN:81-7273-163-9.
3) 14 entries written for ASOMIA BISWAKOSH, VOL No.6 & 7, published by ASOM SAHITYA SABHA, released in 2006, 2007 .( Topics: Kautilya’s Arthasashtra, Cooperative movement, Joney Appleseed, History of salt, EEC, Shigeto Tsusru, A.M.Khusru, Comecon, Deindustrialisation, Land league, etc.)
4) Article on bamboo-cane industries of Assam published in “asomor arthaniti 2002”. Publisher:YATRIK, Guwahati.
5)Article on Rural Economy & unemployment in Assam published in “ASOMOR ARTHANITY 2008. Publisher:ASOMOR BUNIYAAD, Guwahati.
C) ARTICLE PUBLISHED IN JOURNAL:
1)Articles on economic issues are publishedregularly in PAYOBHARA,ISSN-O971-8370. Assamese version of the journal YOJANA, published by the PUBLICATION DIVISION, GOVT. OF INDIA, New Delhi
2)Problem and prospects of pharmaceutical industries in Assam, published in ASSAM ECONOMIC JOURNAL, Vol. XIV, Deptt. Of Economics, Dibrugarh University, 2001, ISSN 0976-7530
3)Article on Entrepreneurship in Assam published in JOURNEY AHEAD, journal of ED cell of Cotton College, Guwahati, 2003.
4) Article on Impact of Globalisation on Indian Economy in ECONOMICA, journal of the Deptt. Of Economics, Guwahati College.2003.
5) Tea cultivation: problems & prospects of the small growers, published in SPECTRUM, JOURNAL of deptt.of Economics, Dispur College, 2005.
6)Problem and Prospects of Tourism in North-East, Spectrum,2006.
7) Can Mobile theatre of Assam be termed as Industry? Spectrum,2008
8)COOPERATIVE ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN ASSAM, SPECTRUM,2007.
i)Various articles (both subject related and others) are published in several local news papers, local magazines, souvenirs, like AMAR ASOM ( regular columnist), ASOMIYA PRATIDIN, DAINIK BATORI, SADIN, ASOM BANI, DAINIK ASOM, ASSAM TRIBUNE, SATSARI, BHABISHYAT, AALAP, CAREER GUIDANCE, ETC.
ii) Edited (honorary) BHABISHYAT, a socio-economic magazine for a year (2004).
A) International: 1
a) Paper presentedin a seminar organized by CTE, ASSAM CHAPTER on 14th & 15th Dec. 2002. Topic: Role of Spiritual Organisation in spreading Value education. ( the paper published in the corresponding proceeding)
B) National : 11
a)Attended seminarat Cotton College on 20th &21st Jan.,2002 on Changing Values in Education.
b)Paper presented at Tihu College seminaron 10th & 11th Feb., 2002. Topic: Human Resource Development in Rural Areas of Assam.
c) Paper presented at Dibrugarh University seminar in Dec. 2002. Topic: Reopening of Stilwell Road.
d) Attended seminar at ASSAM ACADEMY in Oct., 2003 on CULTURAL RELATION OF ASSAM WITH BORDER STATE.
e) Paper presented at Nagarbera B.P.Chaliha college in Nov., 2003.Topic: Higher Education, HRD & Rural Development.
f) Paper presented at the Indian Philosophical Congress in Oct. 2005 atNorth Bengal University. Topic: Relevance of Gandhian Economics.
g)Paper presentedat Dispur College National seminar in Jan,2008. Topic: Proffesional Education in Assam, case for introducing tea-related courses.
h) Paper presented at B.P. Chaliha CollegeonCurriculam Reform-TDC Economics Syllabus-search for the missing links in Feb.2008.
i) Paper presented at Kamrup College on Good Teaching: New Challenges, in Nov., 2004.
j) Paper presented on Gender Disparity at S.D College, Hajo in Nov., 2004.
k) Attended Seminar on Higher Education: Problem & Prospects at Guwahati Commerce College in Feb., 2005
C) STATE-LEVEL: 9
a) Paper presented on “ Educating Youth for Economic Development” at Pragjyotish College in Sept. 2000.
b) Attended seminar on Higher Education and Social Change at RGB College in Jan. 2000.
c) Paper presented at KRB College in Jan, 2001 on Women Empowerment & Entrepreneurship.
d) Paper presentedat Dispur College on Afforestation & Corruption in Nov., 2001.
e) Paper presentedon Centre’s Apathetic Attitude towards North East & National Integrity at KRB College in Jan., 2002.
f) Paper presented on Status of Human Development in Assam at Dispur College in July, 2002.
g) Attended at LCB College on Extention Education & its Role in Community Development.
h) Paper presentedat Guwahati College on Globalisation and its Impact on Indian Economyin Nov. 2002.
i) Attended seminar on Vocationalisation of Education at Cotton College by the ACTA in Oct., 2004
a) Participated in a4 days National workshop atNational Institute of Rural Development( An organization ofMinistry of Rural Dev. GOI) at Hyderabad in Dec.2005 andpaper presented on Rural Urban Divide – the Health Scenerio in Assam.
b) UGC sponsored 5 days workshop on Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education organized by the Women Study Centre, GU at Arya Vidyapith College in Nov. 2008.
a) Orientation programme forDeveloping a Balance Question Paper at AHSEC in March, 2002.
b) Workshop onLiving Values: An Educational Programme at Brahmakumaris Rajyoga Centre, Guwahati in July, 2002.
c) Workshop onSkill Development for Informal Sector at IIBM, Guwahati, inMarch, 2003.
d) Workshop on PEACE INITIATIVE at DonBosco Institute in Dec. 2003.
e) UGC Workshop on Career Oriented Programme at Dispur College in Jan., 2004.
f) Participated in Workshop onDistance Learning organized by the DOPT, Govt. of INDIA and developed course material from 11.7.05 to 21.7.05 and again 29.8.05 to 31.8.05at Assam Administrative Staff College, Guwahati.
RESOURCE PERSON/GUEST LECTURE/CHAIRPERSON, etc.
a) Resource Person at Refresher Course (B.Baruah College) organized by the AHSEC for the H.S. teachers, on 6.7.2007.
b) Resource Person at Chaygaon Development Block on New Generation Cooperativeat a seminar organized by the National Cooperative Union of India, Assam on8.3.2006.
c) Guest Lecturedelivered at Damdama College on Rural Development in the Context of Present Economic Reformorganized by the deptt. Of Economics on 25.11.2005.
d) Mahesh Chandra Dev Goswami memorial Lecture delivered atNagaon Girls’ College on Women Education in Assam and scope for their employment .
e) Guest Lecturedelivered at DK Girls’ College, Mirza on 25.9.2007.
f) Resource Person at SIRD, Nalbari (8.7.09 & 11.7 09 ), SIRD, Barpeta District Council(15.7.09 & 18.7.09), Marigaon District Council(22.7.09) on GENDER MAINSTREAMING, GENDER BUDGETING AND WOMEN EMPOWERMENT organized by the SIRD, GUWAHATI, with the Deptt. of P&RD, Govt. of Assam for the govt. officers at Block Level and sponsored by the UNDP.
g) Resource Person at a seminar organized by Institute of Cooperative Management, Guwahati on “Cooperative’s Contribution towards Food Security” on 20.11.2010.
h) Resource person atSIRD, Kahikuchi onSocio-economic empowerment of Assam on2.2.2010.
i) External Expert for PRASAR BHARTI(DDK, GUWAHATI) to select Documentary based on socio-economic issues on 3rd, 4th, & 5th March, 2008.
j) Subject Expert, APSC ( for HS Subject teacher)
k) Director, seminar on Role of GPSS IN Rural Development organized by the NCUI & SCU at Vvekananda Kendra , Guwahati on 30.09. 2008.
l) External Expert, for PRASAR BHARTI(DDK, GUWAHATI) to select Documentary based on socio-economic issues on 26th and 29th october, 2010.
m) Asstistant Coordinator,SAM workshop held at Dispur College, January, 2011
n) Resource Person, at an Orientation Programme held at Rangia HS School organized by the AHSEC, December, 2011
o) External for the assessment of Panchayats for incentive award to be given by the government of India, done through SIRD from 21.1.12 to 24.1 12.
ACTIVITIES IN THE SOCIETY:
a) Participation in Radio-talks on several socio-economic issues for several times at AIR, Guwahati.
b) Participated in Budget Discussion on the day of Central Budget day in the year 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 at All India Radio, Guwahati.
c) Participation in several public meetings organized by different social and educational organizations at Guwahati and outside Guwahati.
MEMBERSHIP/PARTISIPATION in BODIES/ COMMITTEES on EDUCATION& NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
a) Life member, Indian Economic Association.
b) Life member, North-East Economic Association.
c) Life member, Council for Teacher Education
d) Life member, All India Association for Educational Training
e) Member, Undergraduate Course & Syllabus Committee, Deptt. of Economics, GU.( w.e.f. May, 2009 to )
f) Member, ACTA.
g) Member ASOM SAHITYA SABHA.
Participation in COLLEGE CORPORATE LIFE:
a) Teacher Member, College Governing Body(from 2010 to 2012)
b) Teacher Member, Tender & Purchase Committee
c) Member,IQAC, QAC
d) Joint Convener,Admission Committee
e)Member, Academic Committee
f) Member, Disciplinary Committee
g)Member, Students’ Union Election Committee
h) Treasurer, Dispur College ACTA Teacher Unit
i) Coordinator, IQAC ( w.e.f July 2011 )
k) Joint Convenor, Admission Committee( 2011-12, 12-13)
Participation in EXAMINATION WORKS:
a) Worked asAsstt. Officer in-charge,in College Examination Branch
b) InvigilatorinFinal Examination.
c) Examiner, GU & AHSEC
d) Head Examiner, HS, Final Exam., AHSEC
e) Paper Setter, GU, KKHSOU, HS, Final Exam. AHSEC, ASOS
f) Examiner, APSC
NAME : DR PARAG DUTTA
Date of Birth : 28-01-1981
PRESENT OCCUPATION : Assistant Professor in Economics
Dispur College, Guwahati
CONTACT NO : 84868-81432
E-MAIL ADDRESS : firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION : PhD in Economics, PG Diploma in
AREA OF INTERSET : Econometrics and Public Finance
SPECIALISATION: : Econometrics, Financial system and Operation Research
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS :
1. Qualified Lectureship (NET) conducted by University Grant Commission held in December 2005
2. Qualified SLET for lectureship conducted by SLET Commission held in May 2005.
3. Completed 3 month computer office assistant course (Windows 98, Office 2000, MS Word, Excel, Powepoint, Internet)
WORKING EXPERIENCE :
1. Worked as a lecturer in the Department of Economics, Haflong Govt. College from Nov 2005 to December 2006.
2. Working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics, Bapujee College from 16th July, 2007 to 26th December 2013.
3. Worked successfully as Research Assistant under a project entitled “Environmental Impact Assessment Study” for the proposed Brahmaputra Riverbed Seismic Survey.
1. “A Study of Revenue Mobilization Effort of Government of Assam in Recent Decades”, Indian Journal of Applied Research (2013) pp. 156-157, Volume : 3 | Issue : 7, ISSN – 2249-555X
2. “An Analysis of Fiscal Crisis and Fiscal Reforms in Assam in Recent Decades”, Parag Dutta, Mrinal Kanti Dutta, Assam Economic Journal (2011), Volume XXII, pp. 1-20, ISSN 0976-7530.
3. “Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Indian Economy and Changing role of the Fiscal Policies of the State of Assam” Parag Dutta, Eco-Centric, Journal of Economics, Volume- VIII, Issue-1 (special issue), 2011-12, ISSN:2250-0405.
4. “An Analysis of Fiscal and Debt Sustainability in Assam in Recent Decades ” Parag Dutta, in Nironjan Roy and Raju Mandal (Eds) , “A Tapestry of Research in Economics in North East India” ISBN: 978-81-908202-2-6
5. Author of the one unit (5) of the Text book entitled “Economics” as published by Krishna Kanta Handique State University, July, 2009
6. Author of the two units (1,8) of the Text book entitled “Business Economics:” as published by Krishna Kanta Handique State University, July, 2008
7. Author of the two units (6,8) of the Text book entitled “Regional Economy of North East with special reference to Assam” as published by Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University, July, 2011
Accepted For Publication:
1. “Revenue Mobilization Effort of Special Category States: The Case of Assam in North-East India” accepted for publication in South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance, ISSN: 2277-9787
2. “Fiscal and Debt Sustainability in a Federal Structure: The Case of Assam in North East India” accepted for publication in Romanian Journal of Fiscal Policy, ISSN: 2069-0983
National Seminar, Conferences, and Symposium:
1. Presented a paper at the 15th Annual Conference of the International Network for Economic Research (INFER), University of Orleans, France held during May 29 to June 1, 2013 entitled “Fiscal and Debt Sustainability in a Federal Structure: The Case of Assam in Eastern India”
2. Presented a paper in the 49th Annual Conference of the The Indian Econometric Society during 9th to 11th January, 2013 organized by Department of Statistics, Patna University, Patna entitled “An Analysis of Fiscal and Debt Sustainability of Assam during 1990-91 to 2009-10”
3. Presented a paper in the Golden Jubilee Conference of the Indian Econometric Society at Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai from 22nd to 24th December, 2013, entitled “An Analysis of Revenue Mobilization Effort of Government of Assam in Recent Decades”
4. Presented a paper on UGC sponsored seminar at Guwahati college on 26th and 27th June 2009 on “ Global Financial Crisis and its impact on India with particular references to the North East” entitled “Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Indian Economy and Changing role of the fiscal policies of the state of Assam”
5. Presented a paper on UGC sponsored seminar at T.H.B college, Jamugurihat on 18th and 19th September 2009 on “ Globalisation and development of Backward Areas with references to North East India” entitled “A Study of Fiscal Sustainability in Assam”
6. Presented a paper for the 11th Annual Conference of the North Eastern Economic Association on 18th and 19th December, 2009, entitled of the paper presented: “Fiscal Crisis and Reforms at the Sub-National Level: The Case of Assam”
7. Presented a paper on National Conference on “Economic Development of Assam (in the Context of North-East Juxtaposition and Look East Policy), organized by Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University, Guwahati held during 13-15 December, 2010 entitled “A Study of Intergovernmental Resource Transfers, Own Resource Mobilisation and Utilization in Assam”.
8. Presented a paper onNational seminar organized by Dimoria College during 27th and 28th March 2010 on “Sustainable Development and Environment” entitled “Environmental Development and Tragedy of Commons”
9. Presented a paper on UGC sponsored seminar at Kamrup College “Environmental Degradation in Wetland, A Case study of Kaplabeel” organized by Kamrup College during September 18-19, 2010.
10.Presented a paper onseminar organized by Khagarijan College during 27th and 28th May 2011 on entitled “A Study of state Finances and Intergovernmental Transfer in Assam During Post Reform period”
11. Presented a paper in the 13th Annual Conference of North Eastern Economic Association during 16 to 18 November, 2011 organized by Assam University, Silchar during 16-18 November, 2011 entitled “ A Study of Fiscal and Debt Sustainability in Assam in Recent Decades”
12.Presented a paper in the 14th Annual Conference of the North Eastern Economic Association during 13th to 15th December, 2012 organized by Sibsagar College entitled “ Economic Reforms and Development Expenditure of Assam: A Time Series Analysis”
· Worked as a core member of the research team of the 14th Finance Commission, Government of India sponsored project on Evaluation of State Finances with respect to the state of Assam along with Prof. Nissar Ahmed Barua and Dr Nibedita Goswami, Gauhati University.
Workshop and other Courses:
Successfully completed the workshop on “Development of Self Learning Materials” organised by Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University, Guwahati held during 15th to 17th December, 2007
2. Attended the fourth refresher course on public Economics for South Asian Region, organised by National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi during May 26 to June 21, 2008and presented a paper entitled “Centre State Financial Relation: A Review”
3. Attended the 24th Orientation Course organized by NEHU, Shillong during April 20 to May 20 2013.
Successfully Completed the workshop on “ Statistical Data Analysis Using SPSS” organised by Dept. of Statistics, Gauhati University during 15th to 18th February, 2011
Annexure II (d)
Name : Himangshu Kalita
Date of Birth : 1st December 1972
Sex : Male
Nationality : Indian
Designation Assistant Professsor in the
Department of Economics since
Present Address : Vijoypur, Basistha Mandir
Basistha Chariali, Ghy-29
Phone Number : +919864639296
E-mail : email@example.com
Educational Qualification : M.A.; M.Phil; B.Ed.
Year of Passing
a. Research done on the topic, “A study of Self Help Groups in Dimaria Block, Kamrup, Assam” under Madurai Kamaraj University and obtained M.Phil Degree in 2008 Guided by Dr. Rani Mudiar Deka.
b. Research is doing on the topic, “Impact of MGNREGA on the living condition of rural poor” under Gauhati University for PhD Degree from 2011.
One year Diploma in English Type-writing from 1st July 1994 to 30th June 1995 from The Global Commercial Institute, Guwahai-5.
Six month Diploma in Software Application from 28th june to 30th Dec 2004 from SADBA TRAINING CENTRE, Guwahati-1.
Special computer application course for social sciences from OKD Institute of Social Change and Development from November 1 to 8, 2004.
Research methodology course in social sciences from OKD Institute of Social Change and Development from January 18 to February 1,2005.
Faculty development program in Entrepreneurship from 3rd January to 14 January,2005 at IIE, Lalmati.
Complete one week training course on “Preparation of College Disaster management Plan” from 30th April to 5th May, 2012 at centre for natural disaster management, Assam Administrative Staff College, Guwahati.
Refresher course attended:
Date & Year
17th June-7th July2011
a. Articles published
i) “Asomat khudra sah khetiyakar samasya”, Spectrum, vol.I, Issue.I, 2005 published by Dept. of Economics, Dispur College.
ii) “Asomat Udyamita vikash Achani”, Spectrum, vol. II, Issue I published by Dept. of Economics, Dispur College.
iii) “Financial Inclusion-A Task Ahead” Spectrum, vol. v, Issue I published by Dept. of Economics, Dispur College.
iv) “Rural Development Policy and Grassroot Institution” Spectrum, vol. vi, Issue I published by Dept.of Economics, Dispur College.
v) “Prithibir Brihattam Nadi Deep: Majuli”, Payobhara, 3rd issue, May, 2003.
vi) “Nadi sanjogikaran-ati samu paryalochana” Payobhara, 10th issue, December, 2003.
vii) “Barpeta jillat paryatan udyagar sambhaniyata”, Payobhara, 4th issue, June 2004.
i) Participated UGC sponsored National Level Seminar held at K.R.B Girls College on 8th and 9th January,2002 and presented a paper on “Insurgency in the North-East-Couses and Cure”.
ii) Participated UGC sponsored National Seminar held on 10th and 11th February, 2002 at Tihu College, Tihu, Assam.
iii) Participated UGC sponsored National Seminar held on 30th and 31th January, 2008 at Dispur College,Guwahati-6, Assam.
iv) Participated UGC sponsored National Seminar held on 24th and 25th May, 2013 at Shillong College, Shillong, Meghalay.
v) Participated UGC sponsored National Seminar with paper on ‘Inter-State Migration to Assam-A study of Fruit Sellers in the City of Guwahati’ held on 23rd and 24th September, 2013 at Dispur College,Guwahati-6, Assam.
vii) Participated UGC sponsored National Seminar with paper on ‘Role of Women Entrepreneurship in the Socio-Economic Development of North East India’ held on 7th and 8th October, 2013 at Moirabari College,Morigaon, Assam.
vi) Participated UGC & ICSSR sponsored National Seminar with paper on ‘Evaluation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act for Solving the Problem of Rural Poor’ held on 25th and 26th October, 2013 at Amguri College,Sivsagar, Assam.
v) Participated National Seminar with paper on ‘Women Empowerment in Assam Police-With Special Reference to Virangana’ held on 10th and 11th March, 2014 at National Institute of Rural Development, Guwahati, Assam.
vi) Participated UGC sponsored National Seminar with paper on ‘Role of IIE in Developing Food Processing Industry in Assam’ held on 6th and 7th September, 2014 at Gosaigaon College, Gosaigaon, Assam.
i) Participated in the National Conference for Youth Directors on 21-22 November, 2011 organised by Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development & Don Bosco Institute, Guwahati-4.
ii) Participated in three days training programme on Life Skill & Career Guidance on 22-24 December 2009 organised by NSS & RGNYID at Guwahati.
iii) Attended the Conference cum Workshop of the Career Oriented Programme on 28th January, 2004 at Dispur College organized by UGC, New Delhi.
iv) Attended the workshop on Technology Integration in Science Teaching at college level organized by IGNOU at Handique Girls College, Guwahati from 5th February to ^th February,2011.
v) Attended the workshop on Basic Emergency Care conducted by faculties of AIIMS, New Delhi on 11th and 12th May, 2010 at NEMCARE Hospital.
vi) Attended one day International Conference on Business Process Outsourcing held at Gauhati University on January 31, 2004.
Resource Person/Guest Faculty
1. Appointed as a resource person for financial education awareness by SEBI among the masses. SEBI RP No-SEBI/RP/E/Asm/23
2. Appointed as expert for Panchayat selection under SIRD and working as guest faculty for training of elected representative of panchayats of Assam from March 2013.
3. Delivered lectures in the subject “Public Finance” in connection with imparting the training of Assam Finance Service held at C.T.I. of Directorate of Accounts and Treasuries during the period from October 2002 to February 2007.
Activities in Society:
i. Delivered Radio Talk on “Namani Asomar Paura Tola Utsav” broadcast on 28th April, 2003 through AIR, Guwahati-3,
ii. Delivered different lessions on AIR, Guwahati at students programme for class IX&X.
iii. Attend in a discussion programe at Doordarshan Kendra, Guwahati regarding voluntary blood donation on 5th August 2011 in the programme “SURAKSYAN”.
Participation in College Corporate Life:
1. Appointed as a NSS Programme officer from December 2009 for one year at Dispur College.
2. Appointed as a NCC Care Taker Officer from 2009 for 48 Assam Naval Unit of Dispur College.
3. Organized Red Ribbon Club (RRC) at Dispur College for making awareness about Blood Donation and dreadfulness of AIDS among the students and society.
Participation in Examination Work:
1. Confidential Examination workshop of CBSE Exam at CBSE Regional Office, Guwahati, Assam since 2005.
2. Tabulation workfor HS Final Examination under Assam Higher Secondery Education Council.
3. Examinarfor H S Exam, Degree Course B.A,B.Com, BBA under Gauhati University
I hereby declare that the above mentioned particulars are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Department of Economics
Dispur College, Ghy-6
Annexure II (e)
1. Name: : MRS. MANALISHA BHATACHARYYA
2. Date of Birth: : 01-02-1976
3. Department: : Economics
4. Designation: : Assistant Professor
5. Date of Joining: : 24-07-2000
6. Date of Superannuation: : 01-02-2036
7. Address for Communication:Progjyotish Nagar, Jalukbari,
Contact Number: 9854151996
9. Educational Qualification:
% OF MARKS SCORED
B.Sc. (Eco Hons)
G.U. (Cotton College)
(held in 1999)
8. Research Activity: a) Awarded MPhil in Economics in 2008.
Topic: Role of NEDFI in economic developmementof Assam
b) Persuing Ph.D. under G.U.
Topic:IT industry and its impact of the economy of Assam with special reference to Guwahati city
9. Other Qualification:Passed the SangitPrabhakar examination
conducted by the PrayagSangitSamiti, Allahabad,
in the year 1989-90 in vocal.
10. Workshop and Seminar attended:
a) Presented a paper titled “Climate Change Induced Migration and its Socio-Economic Impact on Assam” on the UGC sponsored national seminar on MIGRATION AND ASSAM FROM PRE HISTORIC PERIOD TO PRESENT DAY on Sept 2013
b) Participated in National Workshop on “Documentation and
Preservation of North East India`s Culture” held on March 2013 organised by Gauhati university Institute of North East Studies, Gauhati university.
c) Participated in National Workshop on SatriyaNitya in the year 2012 organised by Gauhati university Institute of North East Studies.
d) Participated in the Faculty Development Program organised by ICFAI on 1st February 2007 at Gauhati.
e) Participated in the national level UGC Seminar on Development of youth and role of higher education with special reference to Assam organised by Dispur College in the year 2008.
f) Attended a two day National Seminar on the “Need for Entrepreneurship Education in the changing scenario organised by IIE on March 2005.
g) Attended the Conference cum Workshop of the Career Oriented Programme on 28th January, 2004 at Dispur College
h) Attended the Seminar on “Women and Social Change with special reference to Assam since independence’’ held on Suren Das College, Hajo on November 2004.
i) Participated in the State Level Lecture on Library and Information Science held on 3rd May 2003 in Dispur College.
j) Participated in the UGC sponsored Seminar by K.R.B Girls” College on January 2001. held on Suren Das College, Hajo on November 2004.
11. Publications in Magazine and Journel:
i. UttarpubarUddogikaran, article, published in Payabhara, February 2005.
ii. UttarpubarSeemaBanijya, article, published in Payabhara, December 2005
iii. Employment opportunities in tea industry, article, published in Spectrum, a Departmental journel, deptt of Economics, Dispur College in the year 2005
iv. Indian Institute Of Entrepreneurship, a article published in Spectrum in the year 2006
v. Rural industrialisation through Khadi and Village Enterprises published in Spectrum in the year 2008
vi. Creative Economy, a article published in Spectrum in the year 2011
vii. National Food Security Bill-A Historic transition from famine to food security a article, published in Spectrum in the year 2012.
12. Participation in College Corporate Life:
i. Member of Nature Club, Dispur College.
ii. Teacher-in-charge in Fine Arts of Dispur College Students Union.
iii. Appointed as Judge in College Competition for Students like
Debate, Extempore, Symposium etc.
iv. Member of Foundation Day celebration Committee 2012/2013
v. Worked: as Examiner,Scrutiniser for several years in GU degree level Final Examination and H.S Final Examination.
Annexure II (f)
Name : Tulika Chowdhury
Designation : Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Dispur College,
Nature of Job : Contractual
Father’s Name : Late Tarun Chandra Chowdhury
Date of Birth : 01.01.1974
Present Address : (Address for correspondence):
Tulika Chowdhury, Guest Lecturer, Department of Economics,
Dispur College, Dispur, Guwahati, PIN: 781006, Assam
Contact No. (M): +91-9864047477
C/o – Late Tarun Chandra Chowdhury
Jonak Nagar, Rudali Path, Kahilipara
Bye Lane No. – 5, House No. – 8
Guwahati, Assam. PIN: 781019
Nationality : Indian
Religion : Hindu
Marital Status : Married
Sex : Female
Caste : General
Language Known : Assamese, Hindi, English
M.A. in Economics with specialization in Demography.
M. Phil in Economics for the Dissertation Problems and Prospects os Small- Tea Growers with Special Reference to Dibrugarh District, Assam.
Details about Educational Qualification:
Name of the Examination
Year of Passing
M.A. in Economics
Madurai Kamaraj University
Other Qualification:Basic knowledge in Computer.
1) Served as a Lecturer in the Department of Economics, Province College, Dispur, Guwahati- 6, for 9 years during 1998-2007.
2) Served as a Lecturer in Entrepreneurship Development Class in Dispur College.
3) Served as a Lecturer in Economics in MBA Class in K.K. Handique State Open University.
Presently working as Assistant Professor (Contractual) in the Department of Economics, Dispur College, Dispur, Guwahati- 6, since 2005.
Also Taught in Higher Secondary classes in SOS for last 2 years.
1) Faculty Development Programme, on 1st February, 2007, organized by ICFAI University.
2) Development of Youth and Role of Higher Education with Special Reference to Assam- A National Level UGC Seminar on 30th-31st January 2008, organized by Dispur College, Guwahati.
3) Topic: Issue on Economics of Education with Special Reference to North East India. Department: Economics, Guwahati College, Guwahati.
4) Paper Entitled: Development of Women Entrepreneurship Problems and Prospects. Department: Economics, Moirabari College, Moirabari.
5) Paper Entitled: Migration Sustainable Development in Assam with Special Reference to Kamrup District, Dispur College.
6) Paper Entitled: Evaluation of Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Act for Solving The Problem of Rural Poor, Amguri College.
7) National workshop on Research Project Writing at S.B. Deorah College, Guwahati.
8) Paper Entitled: Problems and prospects of Sericulture Industry in Assam.
1) A Brief Study of Women Entrepreneurship. In Spectrum Vol. II.
2) Bell- Metal Industry. In spectrum Vol. IV.
3) Tourism Development and its Marketing. In Spectrum Vol. III.
4) Socialist Mahatma Gandhi as an Economist. In Spectrum Vol. v.
5) Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). In Spectrum Vol. VI.
6) Evaluation of Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Act for Solving the Problem of Rural Poor.
7) Problem and Prospects of Sericulture Industry in Assam. ISBN: 978-93-5174-316-3.
Examined Examination Scripts of K.K. Handique State Open University, NIOS, and AHSEC.
Highest marks in Assamese at the school level in 1988 and got a Merit Certificate and a Running Cup.
Highest marks in Economics in B.A. 1st year Annual Examination and got a Merit Certificate along with Cash Award.
Area of Interest:
Reading, Listening Music, Cooking, Gardening etc…
NAAC Peer Team visit to Dispur College, Ganeshguri, Dispur, Guwahati-6, Assam during 31st August 2015 to 2nd September 2015 for accreditation (Cycle-II).
VERIFICATION OF STUDENTS RECORDS
The College Authority will verify only the certificate issued by the College Authority on submission of hard copy of the document together with bank draft of Rs 100/- in favour of “Principal, Dispur College” payable at BOB, Dispur Branch, Guwahati and send to the college postal address. There should not be any communication through email or telephone.
Office of the Principal
Kamrip (M), Assam
All Guwahati Ridip Dutta Memorial Chords
Students from the College participated in All Guwahati Ridip Dutta Memorial Chords competition and won the 2nd prize on 26.10.2014.